Scali Rasmussen has an outstanding opportunity for a Paralegal in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are looking for a team player who enjoys a cordial, diverse and a fast-paced working environment. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience. Must be organized, a hard-worker and a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
- Summarizing cases and preparing reports for attorneys
- Conducting research, investigating facts and developing legal arguments
- Drafting legal documents such as contracts, depositions and pleadings
- Preparing and filing documents with courts
- Organizing and archiving the documents related to completed and ongoing cases
- Keeping track of changes in legal framework and providing timely updates on these changes
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage an active caseload, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
We practice physical distancing, check temperatures, and follow other CDC suggestions to keep our employees safe. Employees must be vaccinated to work at the physical office location.