Jeffrey Erdman is a senior litigation and trial attorney with nearly 25 years of litigation experience practicing in both the state and federal courts of California. Jeffrey has extensive courtroom and trial experience, both as plaintiff’s counsel and as defense counsel, and successfully argued cases before the California Court of Appeal. Jeffrey’s litigation experience spans many areas of business, including the insurance, manufacturing and service industries, as well as all variety of real estate disputes. Jeffrey also has experience in the hospitality industry having worked with Westin Hotels and Resorts for more than ten years prior to attending law school.
Before joining Scali Rasmussen, Jeffrey was managing partner of Bennett & Erdman for 16 years, where he served both as litigation counsel and as outside general counsel to various business entities and entrepreneurs.
Jeffrey has extensive courtroom and trial experience and has successfully argued cases before the California Court of Appeal. His litigation experience spans insurance, manufacturing, real estate and service industries.
Jeffrey has also provided pro bono legal services in a variety of matters impacting disenfranchised individuals, for which he was recognized with the State Bar President’s Pro Bono Services Award in 2008. Jeffrey has always been a dedicated member of the community, serving on boards for bar associations and nonprofit entities. Jeffrey has been recognized for his community service by the Los Angeles LGBT Bar Association with the Co--President’s Award for Leadership in 2004 and by the Mountains AIDS Foundation with the Richard Taylor Leadership Award in 2001. Jeffrey has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2004-2005 and as a “Super Lawyer” in 2012.
- Juris Doctor, Southwestern University School of Law, 1995
- B.A. (with honors), Business Administration, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1987
- State Bar of California, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1996
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles LGBT Bar Association (Lifetime Member)
- Conference of California Bar Associations