Nima is a senior associate in Scali Rasmussen's Los Angeles office. He specializes in business litigation, and he has represented auto dealers and other businesses in a variety of disputes involving breach-of-contract, fraud, and unfair competition claims. His experience extends from state court to federal court, and from the plaintiff side to defense. Nima has successfully argued motions in court, skillfully negotiated settlements, and diligently drafted briefs with success in both the California Court of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Prior to joining Scali Rasmussen, he developed business and intellectual-property litigation experience at boutique law firms across Los Angeles.
After graduating magna cum laude from UC Santa Barbara, Nima earned his Juris Doctor from the UC Irvine School of Law as a member of the program’s second-ever class. He served as a Style Editor on the UC Irvine Law Review, and he was Chapter Director of the International Refugee Assistance Project. During law school, Nima traveled to Northern Ireland to perform research on international humanitarian law, and he traveled to Jordan to perform research on refugee rights. Nima is conversational in Spanish and Farsi.
- J.D., UC Irvine School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Global and International Studies, UC Santa Barbara, 2009, magna cum laude
- State Bar of California, 2013
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit