Associate Dana Cohn focuses her practice in the areas of complex litigation, labor and employment, and municipal law. She represents corporate and private clients in consumer and labor and employment disputes. Experienced in civil and administrative courts, Dana has written and argued a variety of motions successfully, including prevailing in motions for summary judgment. Dana helps reduce the risks of litigation by crafting individual resolution strategies, closely collaborating with clients at every stage, from prelitigation disputes to settlement discussions through trial.
Dana successfully reduces the risks of employment litigation by crafting individual resolution strategies and by closely collaborating with clients at every stage of the process.
In her counsel to municipalities and local authorities, Dana has extensive experience working with city, county and other public agency clients. Her background includes representing public clients in employee misconduct cases with significant financial exposure. Dana is particularly well versed in the California Public Records Act and the effects SB 1421 have had on law enforcement agencies. Dana applies insights gained in this area to position local and state government clients ahead of emerging challenges.
When away from work, Dana enjoyed – before pandemic life — live concerts, traveling and Cal Bears football games, and distracts herself now with home cooked meals, neighborhood walks and true crime podcasts.
- Juris Doctor, UC Hastings College of Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & Rhetoric, UC Berkeley, 2007
- State Bar of California, 2015
- District of Columbia Bar, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 2017
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2015
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 2015
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 2017
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 2017
- United States District Court, District of Columbia, 2021
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association (SFVBA)